All Matter span>
- Biology span> li>
- Zoology span> li> ol>
Animals from Atlántico Forest h1>
Mata Atlántica strong> is one of the biomes in Brazil, which occupies approximately 15% of the country's territory.
Currently, as a result of the destruction of ecosystems (deforestation, burning) there are only about 7% of the original cover of this biome, consecrated with diverse fauna and flora, including endemic species (only developed there) and is considered one of the most important regions. rich in the planet's biodiversity. In addition, animal trafficking is also considered as a threat to the Atlantic Forest biodiversity.
To learn more: Atlantic Forest
The fauna of the rainforest is very diverse with species of birds, mammals, reptiles, amphibians, insects. There are a large number of animals that only exist in that region, called endemic animals.
Thus, research states that in the Atlantic Forest about 40% of mammals are endemic. The main species of animals of the Atlantic Forest are:
- Banana Aracari (Pteroglossus bailloni)
- Caterpillar Quiver (Tangara desmaresti)
- Poca Aracari (Selenidera maculirostris)
- Jandaia- Red-fronted Anteater (Aratinga auricapillus)
- Tangará (Chiroxiphia caudata)
- Yellow-headed Woodpecker (Celeus flavescens)
- Feathers (Spizaetus ornatus)
- Golden Lion Tamarin (Leontopithecus rosalia)
- Black-headed Lion Tamarin (Leontopithecus caissara)
- Jaguar (Panthera onca)
- Irara (Eira barbara)
- Great Anteater (Myrmecophaga tridactyla)
- Hairy armadillo (Euphractus villosus)
- Northern Muriqui (Brachyteles hypoxanthus)
- Maracajá cat (Leopardus wiedii) )
- Marmoset (Callithrixflaviceps)
- Black hedgehog (Chaetomys subspinosus)
- Bush rat (Wilfredomys oenax)
In addition to these, there are other iconic mammals belonging to the Atlantic rainforest such as the capuchin monkey, sloth, capybara, giant armadillo, pampas deer, otter, bush cat, dog bush, ocelot, howler monkey.
- Cane toad (Rhinella icterica)
- Hammer toad (Hypsiboas faber)
- Green Tree Frog (Phyllomedusa nordestina)
- Filomedusa ( Phyllomedusa distincta)
- Sandpiper (Dendrophryniscus berthalutzae)
- Bromeliad perch (Scinax perpusillus)
- Glass frog (Hyalinobatrachium uranoscopum) )
- Waterfall Frog (Cycloramphus duseni)
- Gutter Frog (Leptodactylus notoaktites)
- Excavator Frog (Leptodactylus plaumanny) < / ul>
- Canine (Spilotes pullatemus)
- Yellow-throated Alligator (Caiman latirostris)
- Constrictor Boa (Boa constrictor)
- Jararaca (Bothrops jararaca)
- Snake-necked tortoise (Hydromedusa tectifera)
- Yellow tortoise (Acanthochelys radiolata)
- True coral snake (Micrurus corallinus )
- Ring-eyed Snake (Leptodeira annulata)
- Coral False (Apostolepis assimilis)
- Teiú (Tupinambis merianae) li >
- Biomas brasileiros
According to research, there are approximately 20,000 species of vegetation in the Atlantic Forest, of which about 8,000 are endemic (only there).
The rainforest flora corresponds to 35% of the species in Brazil. In total, it is estimated that 200 plant species in Brazil are threatened with extinction, 117 of which belong to the flora of this biome.
Very diverse, the rainforest flora is composed of bromeliads, begonias, orchids, ipe, palm trees, quaresmeira, redwood, vines, bryophytes, jacaranda, jatoba, peroba, jambo, pink jequitibá, imbaúba, cedar, cinnamon, tapiriria, andira, pineapple, fig, among others.
Also know the other biomes that are part of Brazil:
- Biology span> li>